Wood fences are a great choice for both beauty and strength. And thanks to American Fence & Deck’s expert craftsmanship and fair pricing, you can enjoy all the benefits these structures offer without breaking your budget.
If you’re considering a wood fence, here are some things to think about:
- Pressure-treated wood offers a great combination of strength, looks, and affordability. Modern techniques make this material stronger and more weather-resistant than ever before. Finished lumber can also be sealed and painted to match your tastes, making it an incredibly versatile option to complement any home.
- For the ultimate in long life, nothing beats cedar wood fences. Its great looks and pleasant aromatic smell set it apart as a superior choice for many reasons. This material shrugs off the effects of even the heaviest and most prolonged rains. If you’re looking for beauty and endurance, cedar wood fences are a can’t-miss option.
- Pressure-treated lumber fences require only a modest amount of care in order to maintain their beauty and strength. The following tips will help to keep yours in top shape:
- Brush off dirt and cobwebs as needed.
- Once or twice a year, rinse the fence with a hose, then scrub it gently with a long-handled brush and a general cleaning solution; liquid dish soap and water works great for this purpose. Then rinse once more. Do this on a warm, sunny day so the surface will dry quickly.
- Keep sprinklers from constantly soaking wood fences.
- Make sure water doesn’t pool at the bottom of fence posts. If you notice this being a problem, then your property may need landscaping to eliminate grading issues.
If you have questions or concerns about wood fences, then we invite you to give us a call at American Fence & Deck today. Our mission is to help you make the most of your home and property.