When it comes to wood privacy fencing, homeowners have many great options to choose from. For the ultimate in value and appearance, however, cedar stands head and shoulders above other choices. Here are four reasons why:
- Cedar provides the long-life benefits of treated wood, with no worries about toxic chemicals leeching into the environment. This is due to cedar’s natural oils, which stand up to both harsh weather and insect infestation. While cedar may cost more at first, the added expense pays for itself many times over with increased durability.
- Cedar offers minimal shrinkage and very little warping. This makes fence repairs and replacement very infrequent. You’ll spend more time enjoying your wood privacy fencing and less time worrying about its upkeep.
- Cedar has a pleasant smell that lasts over time. This can enhance your outdoor experience and draw compliments from family and friends.
- Cedar requires minimal maintenance. The biggest choice most new cedar fence owners face is whether or not to stain. In general, most people prefer to stain their wood fences. This will keep the wood from turning gray and help to preserve its new appearance. Stain should usually be applied every two to three years, depending on factors like weather, exposure to sun, and humidity levels. Oil-based stains tend to offer better results than other types.
Whatever kind of wood privacy fencing you choose, your choice of contractors is simple. American Fence and Deck offers benefits like these:
- Fast, free, no-hassle estimates
- No-pressure sales experience
- Excellent quality work done by true professionals
- Plenty of options to choose from
- A well-deserved reputation for honesty and dependability
- The peace of mind that comes with work that’s backed by a rock-solid guarantee
Find out for yourself how good we are by calling us today. We’ll be happy to visit with you at a time of your convenience. It will take just a few minutes for us to gather the information we need for your free estimate. We look forward to earning your business!